Sunday, January 29, 2012

42. meditation

i'm three sessions in to a meditation workshop. and i'm amazed that it's taken me so long to discover this.

i just started working for this new fitness studio in new york. we're very holistic, and all about energy, so when the chance to take a meditation workshop came up, we all immediately signed up.

usually i'm against these sort of things. i mean, the idea of hypnosis makes my eyes involuntarily roll, because i can't imagine anyone realistically letting someone else control their mind. and i've tried to sit down and quiet my mind, but too many thoughts flood around in my head for me to stop thinking for more than three seconds.

but this workshop has changed my life. completely. and it's giving me this new life and energy that i haven't had in a long time. this newfound life and energy that's going to help me tackle life and my gentleman project.

see, last year i did things all wrong. i was working from the outside in. this year, i'm doing it right. working from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment