Sunday, January 8, 2012

41. week 1

so. i had the idea of the year of the gentleman LAST year. but it really seems like THIS year was meant to be the year of the gentleman.

i'll explain.

this time last year i didn't have anything on my plate. all i was doing was sleeping a lot and criticizing myself for drinking out of the milk carton.

this year i have an AMAZING job that inspires me. i'm waking up early every day to head out to work. i'm so much more excited about being out in the world. and i have purpose. i didn't have purpose last year. at all. i thought i did, but i didn't. at all.

but now i do! so now i have a reason (and a want) to follow through with the things i set out to do. update my wardrobe, for instance, for work. and for play. workout and take control of my body. be social and make it a point to regularly see my friends. i bought a book today to read because i want to. i feel so alive.

that's all i needed. an offing job. that wasn't just a gig to pay the rent. but something that i find fulfilling.

this is amazing.

so needless to say, the first week of the year has been amazing. i mean, the last two months of '11 were great - but i'm already noticing a huge difference in myself. in my lifestyle. in my soul.

so maybe i'll actually stick with chronicling things this year. because i'm finally on the right track. and it feels so good.

1 comment:

  1. Always finding inspiration in your story. Thanks for sharing. -ks

    ReplyDelete