Tuesday, September 27, 2011

38. let down your hair

sometimes i feel like rapunzel. and all i have is a window and a computer through which i experience the world. only, i've locked myself inside the tower and not some evil witch.

and when i feel that way, like i'm trapped, i write. i write to free myself. i write to free my mind from the stories in my head. i write to reach out to the world around me. and i write because sometimes it's the only way i know how to live.

i know that sounds super depressing but it's not mean to be. it's just a truth. i mean, i only really write when something heavy is on my mind. i don't write when things are easy. i write when things are hard.

i write when i need to let down my hair and climb out of the tower.

2 comments:

  1. Anthony, I have been watching your videos and you are amazing! When you are feeling down think that there are many people around the world who love you! You are sooo talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st December 2011. So the year of the gentleman is ending as the year of the gentleman artistic director. Congratulations. I hope that MDTC is brilliantly successful. You and Rob deserve it. Don't forget to keep your fans world-wide informed as to what's happening. And have a great party on the 12th. Wish I could be there but from Australia?? It's not going to happen. (Sob.)

    ReplyDelete