Monday, July 25, 2011

33. birthday

oh boy. oh boy oh boyohboyohboyohboy.

it's my birthday.

goodbye 27. heloooooo 28.

lately i've been really over facebook. it's been a huge source of frustration more than anything else. i've figured out that sometimes, spying on people only leads to news i'd rather not hear. of course, the real lesson here is that i need to accept that can't compare myself with other people. i'm on a different path. so my successes can't be compared to theirs.

clearly this is a hard truth for me to accept. but hopefully it's a pill i can swallow this year.

BUT back to facebook. facebook is always awesome on your birthday. ALWAYS. nothing feels better than waking up to hundreds of well-wishes. and you know what, i'll take that!

i'll also take this rain. thank you, new york, for that unexpected gift. it's been scorching lately. it's been so uncomfortably stifling.

so i'll take this rain. i'll take this cleansing shower. and i will rejoice. my soul is in need of it. my soul needs a baptism right now. because this last year has been wonderful and terrible and has taken me to higher highs and lower lows and i'm looking forward to this next year and the ride i'm strapping myself into.

so here we go 28. you and me. hand in hand. arms locked as we skip into the wild blue yonder we call life.

happy birthday. to. me.

No comments:

Post a Comment